Welcome

Welcome. I am the author of Universal Time, a sci-fi urban comedy;
Beaufort 1849, an historical novel set in antebellum South Carolina;
and In the Land of Porcelain, an urban comedy set in present-day San Francisco.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The elegant joy of touring South Carolina

My friend, Melinda Adams, from Cabbages and Kings Press, went with me on my book tour of South Carolina to keep me company, doubling the fun.  She was the trip photographer and took the excellent picture of a chandelier hanging in a Beaufort garden that is now in the header of this blog.  (Also at left, in its full, uncut glory.)

I thought long and hard about what would happen to this chandelier if it hung at arm's length from a sidewalk in San Francisco.  It would be stripped in one night, most likely, or its crystals would be fractured by the wind.

I didn't get to see the chandelier at night with lit candles, but the sunlight reflecting through its prisms was grand enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment